Quincy Jones once wrote “I have known and listened to Misha Segal for many years, and have always admired him as a very talented musician and composer.”
Multiple award winner, composer Misha Segal is a vanguard in his native Israel. His jazz, rock, pop, and classical compositions (performed by the Israeli Philharmonic) helped revolutionize the face of contemporary music in his homeland.
Misha has scored over 120 film and television projects in Hollywood, including Phantom of the Opera, The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking and Berry’s Gordy’s, The Last Dragon. Misha also wrote the music for the musical version of the Oscar Nominated play Lies My Father Told me, which starred Martin Landau and Jack Kulgman and was directed by Arthur Hiller (Love Story.)
As a record producer and song writer, Misha worked with super stars Luther Vandross, Smokey Robinson, Randy Crawford, Maynard Fergusson, and Buddy Rich among others. Misha was also signed as songwriter to Motown Records and worked directly with founder Berry Gordy.
As an Artist Misha recorded several CDs which featured legendary Pianist Chick Corea and Trumpet-man giant Freddy Hubbard, among others.
Awards + Recognition
- Emmy Award Winner - Best Television Score: “Andreas Story” ABC
- Emmy Award Nomination - Best Television Score: “Look Away ” PBS
- Black Reel Nomination - Best Film Score: “Mooz-lum”
- Israeli Oscar Award Nomination - Best Film Score: “For My Father”
- JAZZIZ Critics Choice - Best Music of the Year: “Connected to the Unexpected” (JVC)
- Israeli Grammy Award Winner - Best Record of the Year: “VOICES” (CBS Records)
- American Song Festival Merit Award - Excellence in Creative Songwriting – First Time on a Ferris Wheel